The Perfect Blow-dry
There are very few things in this life that can be taken as indisputable fact, but there is one thing that we all know cannot be questioned: There’s nothing quite like a great blow-out to make you feel like a million bucks. Perhaps this is the reason that Dry Bar (and the countless copycats that have sprang up throughout the years) are so popular! Ever wonder how it is that they seem to have the Art of the Blow-dry down to a tee? How they make it look so easy? If you’ve ever wished that you could have a beautiful blowout at all times, this article is for you – below are my professional tips on achieving The Perfect Blow-dry every single time:
- The perfect blow-dry starts far before you start blow-drying your hair; As a matter of fact, the process starts with the shower. It goes without saying that you should be using high quality products on your hair- a good shampoo and conditioner is a must! Be reasonable with the amount of both products you use, rinse well, and when you apply conditioner make sure to keep it primarily on the shaft and tips rather than the roots.
- Prior to stepping out of the shower, do a quick rinse with cool water. Cold water helps to seal the cuticle and lock moisture into your hair.
- To absorb excess moisture, use a micro fiber towel as they help reduce static and frizz.
- Use a sensible amount of a good leave-in conditioner selected based on the texture and condition of your hair. Too much product leaves hair looking weighed down and completely lifeless.
- Pre-dry hair with your blow-dryer as you run through it with your fingertips to get rid of additional excess moisture- this will make blow-drying the hair easier.
- Separate your hair into sections and begin blow-drying each section. The nozzle of your blow-dryer should always be facing down in the direction of your hair growth as this will help minimize frizz and fly-aways. Quality round brushes are also vital in achieving a quality blow-dry; I recommend Ergo round brushes, they are fantastic quality brushes that will last you a very long time.
- To finish your blow-dry, smooth your hair with a bit of shine serum for that gorgeous finished product. One of my favorites is the Wella EIMI Glam Mist because it light-weight and provides incredible shine.
Need product recommendations for your blowout? Leave me a comment with your question and I will let you know which products I love.
Renee Taglia is located in a Beverly Hills California. Contact her here for a consultation on how to discover (and keep) your perfect color.